Your home is your fortress or so the saying goes. It’s the place where you should feel secure and perfectly relaxed after a busy, challenging day. When it comes to personal safety, there are dozens of things you can do. The selection of a high quality home security camera ranks among the most important ones.
This website will make the process a lot easier for you. We’ve worked hard to put together comprehensive reviews that outline the pros and the cons of the most popular home security cameras. Based on these reviews and the additional information available, you’ll find it easier to pick the camera that’s just right for your needs.
We’re a team of tech enthusiasts committed to finding the best options that the market has to offer. It’s exciting to explore the characteristics of security systems and we’re really passionate about such equipment.
Together, we’ve gone through multiple security camera reviews and we’ve examined dozens of products. All of the information has been synthesised in concise, easy to go through product reviews.
We hope to continue expanding and enriching the content of the website even further in the future. We’ll keep on adding more reviews in an attempt to create an all-encompassing catalogue that will give future security system buyers the knowledge to choose wisely and make the most of the options on the market.
Our Product Reviews
Every home security camera review is extensive and unbiased. We go through multiple sources of information to extract the valid points and present an objective overview of both product strengths and weaknesses.
In our reviews, you’ll find the following essential information about every security camera:
- The price to quality ratio
- Does the camera really work?
- Most important technical characteristics and specs
- Additional functionalities and hi-tech features
- Most important benefits
- Product shortcomings
- A final verdict about the quality of the camera
- Information about the suitability of the specific product for the needs of different households
Types of Cameras that we Review
The home security camera market is extensive and diversified. Some years ago, buyers didn’t really have access to all of the amazing technologies available today. Our reviews will focus on the following product types:
- Wireless security cameras
- Spy cameras
- Bullet cameras
- Dome cameras
- Dummy cameras
… and many others! Please go through the categories and the list of brands to get a better idea about the types of products that we review. Chances are that you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
Benefits of Home Security Cameras
Is a home security camera the right option for you? Opting for this type of equipment will give you an opportunity to enjoy an array of important benefits.
- Keep intruders away: the fact that your home has a camera is sufficient for intruders to keep away. Studies suggest that homes lacking a security camera are 2.7 times more likely to be targeted by burglars.
- Protect valuables: just think about all of the expensive technology, jewellery and other valuables that you keep inside your home. Getting such belongings stolen will contribute to serious financial losses.
- Lower insurance: homeowners who have a security system in place are much more likely to benefit from favourable insurance policies because of the diminished risk. As a result, the purchase of a security camera will contribute to long-term savings.
- Collect evidence: even if a burglary does take place, the camera will record enough evidence. Identifying the perpetrator becomes much easier whenever a functional security system is in place.
- Checking up on kids and other family members: when you’re away from home, a security camera will provide enough information about what’s going on in your absence. You’ll get to check on kids and loved ones, which will help you rest assured that everybody is safe.
Are Home Security Cameras Easy to Use and Install?
When it comes to home security cameras, the ease of installation and use should be one of your primary concerns for the selection of the right product.
If you’re looking for easy installation, wireless security cameras should be your pick. When a wired camera is being installed, cables will be required. In this instance, you’ll have to do more work. It would be best to hire professionals for the installation.
A wired camera can be installed just about everywhere, as long as a power and a data cable can reach the spot.
One more thing to keep in mind is that wired cameras tend to be bigger than wireless security cameras. This is something else to keep in mind when installing such equipment. The biggest benefit of opting for wired equipment is that it’s not vulnerable to interferences, maintaining steady signal day and night.
Wireless cameras are more popular among homeowners because of the easy installation. The problem with these is that they tend to be more expensive. In addition, wireless cameras are more prone to signal loss.
Features to Look for in Security Cameras
Take some time to research different products before choosing the security camera that’s just right for you. There are numerous important characteristics to examine prior to selecting.
- Resolution: the camera resolution determines the quality of the footage. A higher resolution will provide clearer visuals and more details. This could be very important in high risk situations.
- Motion detection: some cameras begin recording footage solely when motion is detected on the property. As a result, you’ll be free from having to go through hours of footage that doesn’t feature anything important. In addition, such cameras can send you smartphone alerts about motion in or around the house.
- Night vision: accidents happen both during the day and the night. A high quality camera should come with night vision capabilities.
- Field of view: the width of the area that the camera covers is very important. Based on this information, you can determine how many cameras you’re going to need in order to have footage of the entire exterior or interior. The field of view will also be determining for the placement of the cameras.
- Camera movement: some cameras can rotate and pan or tilt. Thus, such cameras can cover a larger area and record more footage. Camera movement is considered an extra and it can potentially make the equipment more expensive.
- Cost: after you’ve examined all of the important characteristics, you will have to figure out whether the price to quality ratio is reasonable. The best cameras are solid, equipped with everything necessary and reasonably priced.
Do You have Additional Questions?
We believe that a security system is an essential for every household. This is the main reason why we’ve dedicated so much time to the creation of our reviews.
Do you have additional questions about the selection of a home security item? Are you interested in a product that we haven’t reviewed yet? Don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know what you’re looking for! We’ll be more than glad to provide you with additional information.